This Policy applies for information we collected and received in the course of your use of our websites, mobile application and services (collectively, the “Services”). It also governs data collection, processing and usage in compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”).
- Information Collected and Received
We may collect and receive information from you in the following situations:
- When you use the features and functions available on our Services, for example, by booking a car wash, interacting with our employees, or when reviewing our services;
- When you contact us, for example, with a query or to report a problem;
- When you provide us with any information relating to a third party (e.g. information of your spouse, children, parents, and/or employees), you represent to us that you have obtained the consent of the third party to provide us with their information for the respective purposes.
You are under no obligation to provide the information to us. However, if you choose to withhold the information or to revoke permission for us to receive the information, we may be unable to provide certain aspects of our Services to you.
- Usage of Information Collected
We may use the information collected and received from you for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity, update our records and generally maintain your Account with us.
- To Provide our Services and customise the content shown to you;
- To Develop, operate, improve, deliver and maintain our Services;
- To Respond to your queries and resolving complaints;
- To gather feedback through polls, surveys, and/or emails;
- To analyse and research on how our Services are being used;
- To update you on new products and services through email, SMS, and/or through push notifications and you can choose to unsubscribe from these updates at any time.
- To send you service-related messages including, without limitation, a welcome/confirmation email when you register your Account and to enforce our Terms of Service and other policies. These messages are not promotional in nature. These messages will be sent by email and/or through push notifications and you may not opt-out of receiving service-related messages from Cars Collective, unless you deactivate your account.
- To perform core functions or services such as but not limited to contacting you on your phone number for operational purposes.
- To update you on changes to the Website and Services.
- Usage of Information from Users who Register their E-mails with Us
When you register your emails with us, we may use it for the following:
- To send you weekly newsletters, contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- To send you transactional/notification emails pertaining to the services/tools that you have requested for.
By submitting your email, you consent to the use of that email as set out in this policy.
- Usage of Information from Users who Register their Mobile Numbers with Us
When you register your mobile number with us, we may use it for the following:
- To contact you about products and services we think may be of interest to you;
- To send you transactional/notification SMSes pertaining to the services/tools that you have requested for.
By submitting your mobile number, you consent to the use of that mobile number as set out in this policy.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track the use of our Services and to compile statistical reports. For further information about cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our Services features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser.
- Security Information
We endeavor to take precautions to ensure that the information you have provided is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control.
- Access to Your Information and Updating and Correcting Your Information
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please send an email to email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service. We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Motorist changes, for example if you change your email address, name or payment details, or if you wish to cancel your registration, please let us know the correct details by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating the Services, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. Such service providers will only have access to your personal information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, your Personal Information is not transferred to the third party without your explicit consent.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will disclose or share your Personal Information, without notice, only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that any such action is necessary to:
- Comply with any legal requirements or comply with legal process served on us or the Website;
- Protect and defend the rights or property of us;
- Act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of our Services, or the general public.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets; and
- If Cars Collective or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- Links to Other Websites
Our Services may contain links to other websites or resources which are operated by third parties. You are advised to review the privacy policies of these sites and resources operated by third parties and understand how your information may be used by those third parties.
- Your Rights
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you are welcome to contact us by writing to us via e-mail. We may make a small charge for this service.
If you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about our Policy, if you do not accept the amended Policy, if you wish to withdraw any consent you have given us at any time, or if you wish to update or have access to your personal data, you are also welcome to contact us by writing to us via e-mail.
All requests for correction or for access to your personal data must be in writing.
You may send complaints regarding our handling of personal data by writing to us via e-mail.
- The name, contact number and address of the person submitting the feedback;
- The relevant details required such as the relevant time period, our employees or who involved, or copies of relevant documents.
All complaints in relation to the handling of personal data must be in writing.
We keep our Policy under regular review. If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page, and place notices on other pages of the Website so that you may be aware of the information we collect and how we use it at all times. This Policy was last updated on 24th April 2020.